The Committee has been set up to help the members, in particular, and exporters and importers in general, in promoting their international business. The committee provides advisory services to the members, organizes training programs and awareness sessions about various aspects of international trade, meetings with officials of diplomatic/trade missions in India and business delegations from abroad and one to one business meetings with representatives of foreign companies and disseminates business enquiries and relevant information. The Committee organizes interactive sessions with relevant Government officials concerned with foreign trade regulations to bring out the issues faced by exporters and importers.
It aims to raise the profile of Mumbai’s International Business through a variety of initiatives with the objective of projecting Mumbai as an attractive destination for investments, a major global source for quality products and services and a premier marketing centre on the world map.
- To facilitate growth of International Business of the Members in particular and business community in general, from Mumbai region.
- To provide advisory services to the existing and potential exporters / importers.
- To promote international contacts and pursue international alliances through interaction with Diplomatic and Trade Commissions of other countries and other relevant organizations working in this field.
- To represent the problems faced by exporters and their suggestions to government authorities.
- To promote Mumbai as an attractive destination for investments, a major global source for quality products and services and a premier marketing centre on the world map.
- Advisory Services to existing and potential exporters and importers.
- Training Programs/Workshops/Seminars on the Regulations, Business Promotion, and Awareness Sessions etc
Representations to Central/State/Local Government as may be necessary about changes in Law, Procedures, Policies relating to exports and imports
- Efforts for infrastructure improvements critical for enhancing the competitiveness of the exporters and importers
Organizing Joint Events with Foreign Diplomatic/Trade Missions of Other countries, colleague organizations in India and abroad
- One to One Business Meetings amongst delegates from abroad and representatives of exporters and importers from Mumbai region
- Issue of Non Preferential Certificate of Origin (Service given to Exporters who have executed an Indemnity Bond in our favour)
- Issue of Visa Recommendation Letters (only to members)
- Dissemination of information about business enquiries from abroad to our members and others as may be necessary
Promoting participation of members in events in India and abroad in specific events in a selective manner
- Occasionally organizing visits of Bombay Chamber members to other countries to sensitize them about new opportunities, latest technologies, factory visits etc.